A Bicycle Accident Lawyer Fights For Fair Compensation
Riding a bike is great exercise and helps reduce your carbon footprint, but not all motorists are careful to keep a proper lookout for bicycles. A negligent driver can cause a serious accident with a biker, resulting in catastrophic injuries. In Longview, TX, a skilled bicycle accident lawyer at G.R. (Randy) Akin, P.C. aggressively pursues every avenue of recovery available to victims of bicycle accidents. Because of the unique nature of these accidents, an attorney with a specialized skill set is needed to obtain full recovery. We demand compensation that fits the facts of your case.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents can happen in a variety of ways. Some of the most common are:
- Intoxication: Motorists that drive under the influence are less likely to exercise care while operating a vehicle. They take more risks while behind the wheel, and will not be able to react as quickly. This combination of activity can lead to a serious accident with those sharing the road, including bicyclists.
- Improper signals: Not all drivers use their turn signals, or may use their signals improperly. Bikers rely on proper use of signals when riding a bicycle alongside cars. Misuse or failure to signal can result in accidents.
- Failing to give bikes the space they need: Cars take up much more space in the driving lane than bicycles, but drivers are still responsible for giving bikes the room needed to safely operate.
- Distracted driving and other driving habits: Texting while driving, speeding, disregarding stop signs or lights, and road rage all lead to unsafe driving. When a car and bike collide due to inattention of the driver or the failure to stop, the injuries can be severe.
- Inattention: Many bicycle accidents occur when a driver or passenger in a parked car opens the door into the path of an oncoming biker. When exiting a vehicle, it is always best to check the surroundings to be sure the path is clear.
Faulty bicycle parts and hazardous road conditions can also cause or contribute to a bicycle accident. Whatever has caused you to become injured while on a bike, we are here to help. We protect your rights by making timely claims and seeking compensation that fully covers your losses.
Bicycle accidents can be devastating. Victims are entitled to full reimbursement, since the injuries can require extensive care.
Types of Injuries Suffered in Bicycle Accidents
Injuries suffered in bicycle accidents vary from case to case, and can include any of the following:
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Damage that leads to amputation
- Scars and deep abrasions
Our approach to your case focuses on getting you the maximum amount of recovery. To do this, we investigate the cause of the accident and the severity of injuries.
Determining Liability for Bicycle Accidents
In order to recover from a personal injury, you have to prove liability. This determination is made by proving fault lies with someone else, and that the negligent party breached their duty of reasonable care to you. You also have to prove you were hurt as a result of that breach of duty, and that you have suffered damages in relation to those injuries. We do this by examining the evidence, including photos, witness statements, medical diagnosis and prognosis, and the official report made on the scene.
Contact Us for Help
We take your case seriously, because we know the success of your case depends on how well we do our job. We start by establishing liability and then demanding an amount to fully cover your injuries. We have over 35 years of experience and offer a free initial consultation. Our fees are contingent upon recovery, meaning there are no upfront attorney fees and we only get paid if you recover. For more information, contact us online, or call G.R. (Randy) Akin and Greg Burton today at (903) 297-8929.