Injuries resulting from motorcycle collisions are often catastrophic and require lifelong care. Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to serious and even fatal injuries, as the motorcycle does not provide protection to the rider or passenger. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Longview, TX, we can secure the medical care you need and the financial damages crucial to your future. G.R. (Randy) Akin and Greg Burton can defend your rights and aggressively pursue the at-fault parties to compensate you for past, current, and future losses. To discuss your case, schedule a free consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer today.
The High Incidence of Motorcycle Accident Injuries & Fatalities
According to the National Highway Safety Administration (NHSA), there were 4,976 motorcyclists killed in crashes in 2015, with an estimated 88,000 motorcyclists injured. In total, motorcyclists accounted for 14 percent of all traffic fatalities and 4 percent of all victims injured that year. Compared to the fatality rate of passenger car accidents, motorcycle accidents were six times more likely to prove fatal.
Frequent Causes of Accidents
There are several conditions that can contribute to a motorcycle accident, including other vehicles on the road and environmental factors.
- The majority of motorcycle crashes in 2015 occurred as a result of a collision with another vehicle in transport. These accidents may have been caused by excessive speed, failure to remain in the proper lane, or other vehicle maneuvers. Due to their size, motorcycles can also be overlooked by nearby drivers. With more and more distracted drivers on the road, this issue is being compounded exponentially.
- Driving under the influence is another significant factor in motorcycle accidents. In 2015, the NHSA concluded that 42 percent of motorcycle riders killed in single-vehicle crashes were impaired by alcohol.
- Environmental Factors:
- Accidents can also occur as a result of poorly maintained roads, broken traffic signals, or inclement weather.
- Defective Motorcycle:
- Should the accident be caused by a defective component of the vehicle or any related safety features, the manufacturer may be held accountable for your injuries.
Common Injuries after an Accident
In addition to bruises and lacerations, motorcyclists can endure:
- Loss of limb
- Broken bones
- Head injury of traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
The financial burden of an injury can be staggering, especially when the victim needs long-term medical care or modifications to their home. A qualified attorney can fight for the compensation you deserve to cover all related medical expenses as well as future projected costs.
What We Can Do for You
Insurance companies are notorious for stalling payouts to victims and minimizing compensation, which is even more frustrating when a victim is dealing with recovery from an injury. At our practice, we value our clients and their well-being. To protect your right to fair compensation, we can handle all insurance negotiations while you focus on healing.
We can also:
- File a personal injury lawsuit, or a wrongful death lawsuit
- Collect evidence to support your claim
- Ensure you receive necessary medical care
- Seek damages for medical bills, long-term rehabilitation, loss of wages, and pain and suffering
- Seek punitive damages to punish the offender for reckless behavior
A qualified attorney can fight for the compensation you deserve to cover all related medical expenses as well as future projected costs.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
The legality of an accident is complex, especially when multiple parties are involved. That is where we come in. Our firm can provide the aggressive representation you need after an accident. We also work on a contingency basis for personal injury cases. That means we only collect legal fees if you are awarded damages. To discuss your legal options in a free case review, call us at (903) 297-8929, or reach out to us online.