A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help You Fully Recover
It is not uncommon to suffer devastating or even fatal injuries in a pedestrian accident. The most common victims are children who have not yet learned the dangers of crossing a street or older citizens who are unable to get to a safe space quickly. In Longview, TX, a competent pedestrian accident lawyer at G.R. (Randy) Akin, P.C. knows how to help you recover what you deserve if you have been in an accident as a pedestrian. If you have lost a loved one due to a pedestrian accident, we are here to demand full and fair compensation for those left behind.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
In situations where a pedestrian is injured, the accident can be caused by either the driver or the pedestrian. Some of the most common causes include:
- Reckless driving: A driver that is not paying enough attention to the road, fails to obey signals, does not yield to those in a crosswalk, or is distracted can be cited with reckless driving. When pedestrians are present, reckless driving can cause an accident that seriously injures or kills a bystander.
- Speeding: Too many drivers view a yellow light as an opportunity to speed up rather than slow down for the oncoming red signal. This type of driving can place a fast moving vehicle in the middle of an intersection or designated walkway while pedestrians are crossing, causing an accident with injury.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): Accidents caused while driving under the influence stem from the driver’s inability to properly judge stopping distance and time, speed, and other elements of safe driving.
- Crossing against the signal: A pedestrian can contribute to or be the cause of an accident when crossing against a traffic signal or outside of the crosswalk.
- Intoxication: Inebriated pedestrians can cause accidents by lacking the response time necessary to move quickly or by taking a risk when crossing against a signal.
Those injured in pedestrian accidents are entitled to recover for their injuries. This includes lost wages, medical bills, ongoing care costs, and in the case of a fatality, will include funeral or other final arrangement costs.
Pedestrian accidents can cause serious and life changing injuries. If you have been hurt in this type of accident, let a qualified attorney help.
Types of Injuries Suffered in Pedestrian Accidents
Injuries suffered in a pedestrian accident range from minor to severe and can include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Loss of limbs
- Deep tissue bruising
- Damage to internal organs
- Devastating scars
The most serious cases can result in death. Victims, or the family of a victim, deserve the best representation possible so they can be fully reimbursed.
Seeking damages in a personal injury case involves determining fault, or liability. To do this, the victim must establish that the other party breached their duty of reasonable care, and that the breach of that duty caused an incident that resulted in injury. This is done by careful review of the facts of your case, and since each case is different, so is our approach. We sit down with you to discuss the matter, and then work together to develop an effective strategy.
How We Can Help
The success of your case is directly tied to the attorney you partner with when seeking damages. A competent pedestrian accident attorney will know how to establish liability and make a demand that fully compensates you for your losses. We protect your rights by filing claims on time and aggressively pursuing all you deserve. With over 35 years of experience, and an initial consultation that is free, we are able to clearly explain your rights and how the law applies to your specific case. We take cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay anything upfront. Contact us online or call G.R. (Randy) Akin and Greg Burton at (903) 297-8929 today to find out more.